Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day#6: Summit Night

Barafu Camp, 11:00 PM (15,027 ft) via Stella Point, 6:05 AM (18,696 ft) to the Summit, Uhuru Peak , 7:15 AM (19,340 ft). The song of the night was Amazing Grace.



Short rest stop at Stella Point





The sun rising over Mawensi





I only made it a bit pass Stella Point, my turn around time was 6:30 AM, approx. 18,700 ft. At that point I was physically-impaired, not able to walk on my own any longer. Thanks to the assistant guide, Godfree, for helping me descend to a safer altitude; around 17,000 ft I was able again to walk on my own.


My fellow trekkers have to help me here and post some of their pictures. They all reached Uhuru Peak (19,340 ft) at 7:15 AM.








In near future I will be going back to complete this last segment and bring some pictures from the summit night/early morning. Can’t have a better excuse than this to go back and see Julius and his team, and those amazing places.

After everyone descended safely back to Barafu Camp and after couple hours of rest, around 3:00 PM we all headed down to Mweeka Camp (10,106 ft).

No comments: